Thursday, November 11, 2010

Just another manic Thursday!

I went to my first meeting of the local knitting group last night. I was surprised that there were so many ladies there! Even a couple of crocheters! Someone asked my what method of knitting I was doing and I had to say "I use the crochet method of knitting." I learned to crochet long before I learned to knit so it was so much easier for me to use my left hand to hold the yarn. I am not a typical "picker" though, as I direct the yarn with my left index finger rather than the needle in my right hand. This way I can switch from knitting to purling really quickly with a flick of my finger. I didn't realize I was so unique until last night. Now I feel all warm and fuzzy!

Anyway, I love looking at the projects everyone is working on. I saw a couple of gorgeous sweaters that made me really jealous. The lady next to me was knitting some beautiful tie-dye socks! I was working on a fuzzy scarf in the round where I am alternating between sections of knitting and crochet. I discovered a new way to bind off with my crochet hook too that I may be using with other projects!

Oh! I forgot the most exciting thing! The picture on this page of Lily in her lovely dress I knitted, will be displayed in the shop over the yarn that I used. Very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment